The ‘New’ Normal – Preparing To Re-Open At Gavin Ashley Hairdressing in Bury St Edmunds
Rest assured Gavin Ashley have a firm focus to keeping our clients and team safe whilst maintaining a spotless salon when we re-open. We have been very busy during the lockdown period and have worked hard to transform our salon, taking the social distancing, hygiene and safeguarding into account.
As soon as we have an exact date for reopening, we will contact our regular weekly clients who are already booked throughout the year followed by all clients who had appointments booked during lockdown. We will then call all of the clients who are on our waiting list. If you would like to be added to the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, phones will be open ready for your calls on the first day back.
With that in mind, we would like to share our plan for what to expect when we are able to re-open our Bury St Edmunds Hair Salon. We hope these measures reassure our clients that we will continue to take precautions to try and avoid staff and clients catching and spreading the Coronavirus.
As recommended, we will be doing the following:
- A deep commercial clean before reopening
- We will be regularly disinfecting key areas such as door handles, styling stations, reception, till and toilet areas
- We will provide a sanitisation station at the entrance to the salon
- We will have sneeze screens in place at Reception
- We have ordered lots of PPE including face masks, disposable gloves, disposable gowns and disposable towels. Staff will wear face masks and we will ask clients to do the same, in case of a delay in delivery of our PPE we would ask that clients come prepared with their own
- Far fewer styling chairs will be in each section of the salon so that we can observe a safe distance
- You will always be 2 metres from other clients
- Stylists will be working from the same styling position all day
- There will be fewer staff working on busy days
- Clients will only be allowed into the salon when their appointment is due. We ask that clients come for their appointments alone. Partners or family members accompanying clients will not be allowed into the salon.
- Shampoo room to be limited to two clients at any given time
- Clients to hang their own coats up
- In the first phase, no drinks will be served or magazines provided, clients will be asked to bring in their own
- The back door of the salon will be open (weather permitting) to allow for extra ventilation as this may reduce airborne droplets
- As we will only have enough chairs for Stylists to take one client at a time, styling positions will be sanitised after every use, we will not be able to work at full capacity and we will have no waiting areas. We would, therefore, ask that clients are patient as we try to accommodate the backlog of appointments. We will, however, be offering extended opening hours where possible.